110 Portable Plus software, Teledisk
06-26-2015, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2015 07:47 PM by Dave Frederickson.)
RE: 110 Portable Plus software, Teledisk
(06-26-2015 05:43 PM)Paul Berger (Canada) Wrote:  People who play with old computers really need old tools too.

I agree 100%. The essential thing about creating discs from the TD0 images is the Floppy Disc Controller. In order to recreate these non-DOS formats the software requires low-level access to the FDC, so right off the bat, USB floppy disc drives will NOT work. Refer to the registry for a list of FDC's and their capabilities. An FDC that passes the single-density tests is usually necessary, like the Adaptec 1522A. You can test your FDC using TestFDC. Then just follow the instructions at the HP Computer Museum.

My machine is a 450MHz PII which allows me to run Win98SE or DOS. The computer has legacy interfaces so my EPROM programmer has access to a parallel port, but it also has USB. I can also disable the L2 cache and run LIFUTIL, which normally requires a slow machine due to the timing limitations of the software. The MB, CPU, and FDC were all found cheap on eBay.

Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 110 Portable Plus software, Teledisk - Dave Frederickson - 06-26-2015 07:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)