1-AUG-2019 SolveSys - Equation Library and Nonlinear Systems Solver
03-27-2017, 12:37 AM
RE: 25-MAR-2017 SolveSys - Equation Library and Nonlinear Systems Solver
(03-26-2017 11:07 PM)bruno2017 Wrote:  Ohhh thanks god that i did not install the update yet.
I spent the weekend creating variables and systems Smile
I have to see very close that programm to use it very well.
Never use it Smile
I donĀ“t want to throw all the work Smile

I have installed the update with the emulator and it is perfect! I try the new features, images and the part of the variables and i must admit that you have created and allow me to stand and say "THE APP" .

Thank you very much!

In your case, you can simply do a source code update. Assuming you are working with the emulator, open the source file named "Equation Library (App)" in the Programs browser. Clear the source file using [Shift][Esc]. Then copy the source code from the source directory (equation_library.txt for the separated version or equation_library_svd.txt for the merged version), and paste it into the Program Editor in the emulator. (If you are using the separated version, you may need to type restart, followed by opening and closing the svd2 program file.)

Now, if you want to also incorporate the minor fix in the library data, you can easily do this using the app itself. In the Heat Transfer category, select the Conduction+Convection system. In the Symb view, you will see that E1 and E3 use the variables L1, L2, and L3. These should be changed to lower-case l1, l2, and l3 respectively. (The variables l1, l2, and l3 are already defined for the system, but somehow I forgot to convert the formulas to use lower-case to avoid conflicts with the built-in list variables L1, L2, and L3.) Then make sure to save the system. Then, if you want, just hook up your calculator and sent from the emulator to the actual calculator via the app menu (select the app and press send).

This will keep your library intact and update only the source code.

I will make a note of this and add another section in the manual on carrying out updates. Future versions (again, likely in the summer) will allow users to use several libraries, and merge or split them as they find necessary.

You actually can manually change libraries with version 1.00. I just have not put into place any user interface for doing so. Simply edit your eqlibdat variable so that the last entry is the file name of your desired library. After saving your settings at least once, eqlibdat will be created to hold your settings. Type eqlibdat to see the list and you should see "Equation Library.lib" as the last entry. Create a new, empty library using:

AFiles("My Library.lib"):={};

Then modify the eqlibdat list, replacing "Equation Library.lib" with "My Library.lib". Save the modified settings using:

HVars("eqlibdat"):=<insert your modified list here>

I am glad to see that the app is useful for you and other users. I am hoping that a few users will take the initiative to translate the messages (all located toward the top of the source code) so that users can use the app in their native language once the TODO list is completed.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 25-MAR-2017 SolveSys - Equation Library and Nonlinear Systems Solver - Han - 03-27-2017 12:37 AM
Not able to solve a system - rrpalma - 05-05-2019, 08:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)