1-AUG-2019 SolveSys - Equation Library and Nonlinear Systems Solver
02-16-2017, 02:25 AM
RE: SolveSys - Equation Library and Multiple Equations Solver
(02-15-2017 10:41 PM)akmon Wrote:  Ok, this is another thing. It solves correctly. It´s curious that if I insert R=8, the program founds a zero, but if I input R=9 it says "Bad guess", however the result is correct. The clue is F value. If it is very low you can assume that the solution is quite correct. I´ll make more tests.

Well, now that is indeed curious. This system is as smooth as a system can get, with plenty of variation -- so there would be no concern about insufficient decreases in the minimization function \( f \).

Quote:By the way, this equation was pending of answer. I´ve read that the app allows to insert complex equations, I tried this: (2+i)*X+2*Y=1+7*i ; (1-i)*X+i*Y=0 but I get a syntax error, don´t know to input the i value.

X and Y are built-in system variables -- and by design, they only allow real values, not complex values. The syntax error was enforced to maintain this rule. So if you want to use complex variables, either use Z0 through Z9, or create your own variable (which does not have any restriction). (The solver will still solve for the variables -- and even produce complex results -- since it also keeps a copy of those values internally but you will not be able to simply type X or Y to get them. And you will be limited to real-valued guesses.)

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SolveSys - Equation Library and Multiple Equations Solver - Han - 02-16-2017 02:25 AM
Not able to solve a system - rrpalma - 05-05-2019, 08:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)