Bug in REPEAT + WAIT(-1) when [UNTIL 0;] (FW 11226)
02-08-2017, 06:25 AM
RE: Bug in REPEAT + WAIT(-1) when [UNTIL 0;] (FW 11226)
Hello,

(02-04-2017 06:27 AM)Carlos295pz Wrote:  The reported error is generated by pressing out of the menu area, a touch is added in the menu area, with 3 being the number of events instead of 2.

One of the thing that I do not like in lots of modern systems is the apparent slowness of them.
One of the reason for said slowness comes from the fact that the "click" events gets generated on "touch up", not "touch down" because after a "touch down", they do not know if you meant to click, swipe, long press or do something else...

So, one thing that I did to avoid this is to allow "windows" to declare themselves as "click only". Meaning that the only mouse event that they will handle is a a click. When a window is declared as such, then a click event is generated as soon as you do a touch down and the rest of the code is bypassed...

The "normal" screen has 1 main "window", the Desktop which takes the full screen.
In this window, you have 3 smaller windows: the command line, the "stack display" and the menu (at the bottom).
The menu does have the "click" only flag set.

When you create a user program, these windows are still there, present and any event pays attention to them...

This is why you see different events when you touch in the menu area than when you touch in the rest of the screen!

So, here you go, short question, log answer. I hope that it helps!

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bug in REPEAT + WAIT(-1) when [UNTIL 0;] (FW 11226) - cyrille de brébisson - 02-08-2017 06:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)