Removing HP 50g battery warning box?
01-02-2017, 09:15 PM
RE: Removing HP 50g battery warning box?
(01-02-2017 09:27 AM)Gilles59 Wrote:  
(01-02-2017 04:58 AM)Carsen Wrote:  Hello!
Is it at all possible to REMOVE the battery warning box from appearing everytime I power on the unit?

Hello Carsen
yes it is possible : just change the batteries ...

Happy new year !
Gilles

Thanks for your time and response Gilles59! Yes, I am aware that changing the batteries would get rid of the battery warning box. It says to do so in the HP 50g User's guide and it's also the natural thing to do. But what I am aiming for is to remove the battery warning box from repeatedly showing up when powering it on every time - even with low batteries. The only method I want my HP 50g to alert me of low batteries is the battery announcer at the top of the screen - regardless of battery level. I know I am being a bit unreasonable trying to ask for a solution to this. It seems impossible but I was willing to give it a shot and hope for the best.

Quote:
Vtile

Hello, get a 4 AAA NiMh batteries (ie. Varta 1000mAh or Eneloops etc. good quality ones) and keep 4 alkaline AAAs as a backup at the bottom of your backpack, then you do not need to look at those battery warnings and will save you a some money in the longer run. Smile

Just take well known quality brand and ones that state that they are "Ready to use" or "Low self-discharge" so they work almost as normal alkaline cells. Only drawback is that you can not squeese a weeks of use after battery warning as they drop out much quicker than alkalines. (Something I should test actually since I now have set of right sized "test subjects" in my disposal.). Obvius is obvious you need a (suitable) charger for them also.

Thanks Vtile for your response! So far, the solution you offered is an appealing one because I will be flying through batteries next semester due to calculus and physics class. Plus, when the NiMh batteries hit the low battery warning, all I have to do is recharge them and I won't get bothered with the low battery warning box. Although I will wait for more ideas before deciding put money into NiMh batteries and a charger.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Removing HP 50g battery warning box? - Carsen - 01-02-2017 09:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)