Kentli Lithium-Polymer rechargeable AAs
12-16-2016, 01:07 PM
RE: Kentli Lithium-Polymer rechargeable AAs
(12-16-2016 03:41 AM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Wow, that's a crazy steep voltage drop-off at the end there. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to use them in computers. It seems like you'd open yourself up for disk corruption or data loss with a sudden voltage drop like that. I'll just stick with boring old alkalines and NiMHs for now, I guess. Smile

Yep, Li-Po batteries drop off like that. All my ham radio gear use Lithium battery packs and they perform fantastic for that application - high current during transmitting with a fairly constant voltage. But they give almost zero warning. I will get a warning if I am only receiving (i.e., low current) for several minutes before they shutdown. But if I'm transmitting, then they just abruptly shut down and I find myself talking to myself instead of transmitting.

Not sure how much (if any) warning they would give on the Omnibook. I use the non-rechargeable Energizer Lithium batteries on my OB. I find that there is really no warning - the OB just beeps and instantly shuts off. No loss of data - but then I've never had it shut down while writing.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kentli Lithium-Polymer rechargeable AAs - Bill (Smithville NJ) - 12-16-2016 01:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)