4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
11-01-2016, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2016 08:44 PM by Dieter.)
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
(11-01-2016 08:09 PM)Gene Wrote:  Re: Golf. This is one I have really spent very little time on so far. I put in the "STACK" prompt where the print stack functions were as a placeholder, but it could really use some improvement. :-)

OK then.

(11-01-2016 08:09 PM)Gene Wrote:  Re: Common RN generator. I have spoken with Angel and the RNDM mcode function he uses can be put into these programs relatively easily if I edit them and put the TIME function (placeholder as an XROM instruction to be replaced with the XROM for the RNDM function call).

Does this RNDM function use some kind of internal register that stores the current random number from which the next one is calculated? Or does it work differently so that a random number is generated in another way, i.e. not based on the previous value, so that no special memory that holds the previous random number is required? In this case a SEED function would not be possible.

In other words: how exactly does RNDM work?

If everything else fails we could define a common register (e.g. R00) for all games where the last random number is stored, and a dedicated RDNM routine would calculate the new random number from this value (and store it there again).

(11-01-2016 08:09 PM)Gene Wrote:  As to the storing of a SEED, that's a bit more problematic. If we use the seed Angel uses (he takes it from the Time Module functionality in the 41CX) then these won't play on a 41C or 41CV. That may mean it is best to leave the seed storing label in the games. What do you think ?

That depends on the way RNDM works. ;-)
How does it generate its (pseudo) random numbers?

(11-01-2016 08:09 PM)Gene Wrote:  Re: AOS. I had a crazy idea here but it would take up too much space. If you put in global alpha labels such as LBL +, LBL = and LBL CHS, etc., then the functionality of this could be assigned to the 41C keys and while in USER mode, the machine would work nearly as an AOS style machine. Assign = to ENTER and voila.

That's not a crazy idea at all – this is exactly how I use my version of the AOS program on V41. ;-) I was about to suggest the same idea.
However, you should not assign the CHS routine to the CHS key since it's required for regular data entry

(11-01-2016 08:09 PM)Gene Wrote:  However, that takes a LOT of memory space which is tight.

Memory? There is so much room for improvement and more efficient memory usage (consider the chess program) that this should not be much of an issue. But is there a way to automatically assign these routines to the respective keys or will the user have to do this manually? And if even this is not possible, we simply can define a user-code function "R" that does this, which is then called from the different programs.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-67 AOS program to debug - Gene - 10-30-2016, 02:11 AM
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing - Dieter - 11-01-2016 08:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)