4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
10-26-2016, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2016 01:22 PM by Dieter.)
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing
(10-25-2016 08:58 PM)Gene Wrote:  Put ALPHA into the chess file you provided and we will take it.

The simple version – cf. the posted sample output – is easy, this one is already running. But what about something more legible, closer to standard chess notation?

I admit I do not quite understand how the output of the HP67 chess program is supposed to be read. The original program and its instructions are here. I read the explanation of the white move display several times but I still don't get it, especially the two-digit column of the white piece. The text says "that's confusing (and it is complicated)", and obviously it is. I would like to translate this to something more readable. But for this I have to know how to read the confusing HP67 output. Maybe someone can explain this to me.

Edit: I now begin to understand how it works. The problem seems to be the old descriptive chess notation as it was used in the UK and US some decades ago. I think I will translate the whole program to something more common, close to today's Algebraic notation. For instance instead of "1523" = P-QN3 in descriptive notation the output will be "P-B3" or "P-23".

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4K HP 67 Games rom attached for testing - Dieter - 10-26-2016 12:08 PM
HP-67 AOS program to debug - Gene - 10-30-2016, 02:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)