Update Failed and locked Prime
09-12-2016, 01:56 PM
RE: Update Failed and locked Prime
(09-10-2016 10:49 PM)minus1 Wrote:  The prime started the download in the V13 recovery mode, and when the blue progress bar was all the way to the right the Prime went black, i.e. will not turn on,

Hello,

That progress bar should have run 3 times. Did it only go once and then reboot? If so the reason things aren't working is only 1 of the 3 system files have been updated.

1. Hold down the C F and O keys (all 3) during a startup. This should get you into a menu. Run the 4 item (FLS Utility), followed by 3 (Format disk C). Exit using 9 (Reset) once complete.
2. Hold down SYMB to get into that "recovery mode" thing. Start the connkit and it will prompt you to run the update.
3. The bars should run 3 times across the screen. Then it should reboot and you should be good.
4. If it doesn't run 3 times, I'd recommend changing USB ports (like from a hub to the main computer, etc) and trying to run it again. If it still doesn't start, contact support.

Note that I've never once seen a unit that doesn't have a freshly formatted drive fail to boot.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Update Failed and locked Prime - minus1 - 09-10-2016, 10:49 PM
RE: Update Failed and locked Prime - Tim Wessman - 09-12-2016 01:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)