Raw files for these HP 67 program listings ?
09-01-2016, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2016 12:11 PM by Dieter.)
RE: Raw files for these HP 67 program listings ?
(09-01-2016 01:57 AM)RobertM Wrote:  Are you looking for me to use the card reader compatibility functions (which would require the card reader be installed to run), or do you want the program slightly re-written.

I would strongly recommend the one or other rewrite. After all the 41 is a completely different machine which requires a different approach here and there. Some HP67/97 code cannot even be translated directly (think of fast reverse branching or numbers consisting of multiple program lines). The card reader manual has various examples and suggestions for this.

(09-01-2016 01:57 AM)RobertM Wrote:  For example, Jive uses ISZi, so I could use 7ISZI or I could "rewrite" it to store 0.999 in R00 and use ISG (and RCL 00/INT to display the count of guesses) so that the card reader module wouldn't be required, but does limit you to 1000 guesses.

And it would require SIZE 026 altough only four registers are used. Remove the initial CLRG (which clears all available registers) at LBL A and clear only R 01, then nd use ISG 00 ENTER (dummy instruction) instead of ISZ(i). This way no INT is required. Even a simple 1 ST+00 would do here. Other changes are required anyway, e.g. F? 3 becomes FS?C 22.

I think the idea is to duplicate the look and feel of this vintage software. If the same results requires slight changes, that's the way to go.

(09-01-2016 01:57 AM)RobertM Wrote:  Also, in Blackjack, the PRTX (-x-) used for "blinking" pause ... no real equivalent that I know of on the 41.

A VIEW X followed by 3x PSE might do – but of course without the blinking point.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Raw files for these HP 67 program listings ? - Dieter - 09-01-2016 12:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)