(71b) Problem reading files from disc on 9114B
07-02-2016, 05:55 PM
RE: (71b) Problem reading files from disc on 9114B
(07-02-2016 04:16 PM)Erwin Wrote:  Hallo,

I bought a disc for the Workbook71 and tried to get the files on my HP-71b. It looks like it is the original one. I got an HPIL Error: "HPIL ERR:Device Not Found". There is no description how to get the files on the HP in the Workbook.

So I tried to read the disc with LIFUTIL on my old Laptop with WIN98 and they were readable. What i saw ist, that there is no disc name on it.

So I put all files from the disc in a directory on my laptop and took care that they are not converted (checked the filetype afterwards, compared to a readable backup disc). Then I put them back on another disc (append the files to the previous one). In the 9114B I got the directory now and correct names, correct file size. But when I wanted to put them on my HP-71b I got an error: "HP IL ERR: Checksum"

I got the disc as an DAT-File on CD too but no idea to put this on a disc ...

Anybody an idea how to handle this? Would be great.

thanks in advance
Erwin

What commands are you using to copy the files to the 71b?

Can you show us a CAT listing of the files, it will help to answer the questions.

Some examples, to copy a text file called "TEXT1" on the disc to your machine, do

COPY TEXT1:MASSMEM TO TEXT1 (to copy it into main ram)

COPY TEXT1:MASSMEM TO NEWFILE:PORT(1) (to copy it to a file with a new name to the iRAM in Port-1)

you can also use the device names ":TAPE" or ":9114B" or even simply the device number (e.g. ":2" for the 2nd device) if you prefer.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: (71b) Problem reading files from disc on 9114B - rprosperi - 07-02-2016 05:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)