Subforum in Spanish (Español)
04-14-2016, 03:47 PM
RE: Subforum in Spanish (Español)
(04-14-2016 08:21 AM)EdS2 Wrote:  Katie and retoa have the right answers! (It's not a lack of sympathy or a lack of respect, but a practical advantage to have a single-language forum. As pointed out, other forums are out there using other languages)

As another non-native english speaker, my opinion is also a big "no" to segregation by language. You can subdivide by calculator: fine, by technical subject: fine, by programming language: fine, but any non-technical issue is not a good reason to split, much less language or cultural issues.
I don't think anything good will come out from segregation, and I write this not to upset anybody, but so it's clear to Dave that even people who speak spanish as a native language don't agree with a spanish subforum, and if he creates one I will keep communicating in english out of respect to other members of this community, I believe they have earned that over the years.

About the number of people being "native speakers", just the fact India uses english as second language should put an end to any argument about that, so stop counting already.

Just my (strong) opinion in this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Subforum in Spanish (Español) - retoa - 04-13-2016, 06:16 AM
RE: Subforum in Spanish (Español) - EdS2 - 04-14-2016, 08:21 AM
RE: Subforum in Spanish (Español) - Claudio L. - 04-14-2016 03:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)