Converting from one base to another?
04-12-2016, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2016 06:52 AM by leprechaun.)
RE: Converting from one base to another?
Take a look at RealCalc for android. That is a calculator for efficient base conversion.
I do agree that the prime's base menu is alright. But if I do serious work where base conversion is needed I do not want dialoge based apps or unnecessary keystrokes. I want to get the result asap.
Dealing with integers on the prime (like 4x) needs additional characters like # so more keys are required. You can't change that easily.

I tried some keybound user programs on softmenus to make unit conversion more comfortable for me, but sooner or later the device did not behave as expected and finally I stopped my work. rpn input is best if you do things like 'one keystroke' conversions....in cas there is no bases at all and, to be honest, I still don't really like the underlying philosophy of the prime. (or I cannot get used to it 100%)

I just don't want to be upset about the prime any more... :-( Too many other problems to be solved.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Converting from one base to another? - smp - 04-09-2016, 10:02 PM
RE: Converting from one base to another? - leprechaun - 04-12-2016 06:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)