Simple questions
03-26-2016, 02:22 PM
RE: Simple questions
(03-26-2016 10:08 AM)tavaritz Wrote:  I just bought a new HP 50g and started to learn how to use it for the best performance and noticed something pecualiar:

In Tool menu after pressing NXT there are two soft key entries: CASCH and HELP.

But both of these open the same selection dialog labeled "CAS help on:"

Is this deliberate or is there some information missing from my calculator?

The first one is CASCMD, not CASCH. To see the button's full name, press right-shift down-cursor to see all six menu keys' full names.

The only difference between CASCMD and HELP is that CASCMD takes an input whereas HELP does not. If the input for CASCMD is a string, e.g. "SIMPLIFY", then it automatically jumps to that entry in the help catalog. It also works if the string is not the whole command name but just its first character(s), e.g. "X" CASCMD jumps to XNUM. The HELP command always starts at the top of the catalog. Both are programmable.

Do you have a copy of the HP 50g Advanced User's Reference Manual? The above information is all in there.

Quote:Also not all functions have help entries.

The help system is only for the CAS commands (Chapter 4 of the AUR).

Quote:Is there anywhere one could download the missing help info?

Bill Markwick wrote an awesome library that adds a complete help system for all the non-CAS commands and functions. Highly recommended. I use it so much that I keep it assigned to a key (left-shift-hold MTH). Check it out: http://www.hpcalc.org/search.php?query=hlp49

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Simple questions - tavaritz - 03-26-2016, 10:08 AM
RE: Simple questions - Steve Simpkin - 03-26-2016, 11:25 AM
RE: Simple questions - Joe Horn - 03-26-2016 02:22 PM
RE: Simple questions - Vtile - 03-29-2016, 08:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)