Best calculator for the working engineer
02-24-2016, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2016 02:47 PM by Jlouis.)
RE: Best calculator for the working engineer
If you need graphics, I'd go for the HP Prime; HP50g is not as intuitive as you may like, demanding a high steep learning curve...

If you don't, WP34S, but the HP30b plataform where it is built is not not going to last indefinitly...or better, any calculator won't do, but the 30b will not last much if you use it heavily;

I can sugest to go to SwissMicro DM15L or wait the DM42L, wich will available soon.

Or go to an auction site e look for the originals Hp15c, HP42S, HP41C/CL/CX with at least the advantage pac or the math/stat pac. Be aware that these last options will cost much more money, but you will have the best and reliable hardware possible.

Although not very popular in this forum, a good and cheap option is the HP35s. But have a look in the bugs list available in this site and see if they can bother you. I use it an find it very nice.

Go to TI or Casio at your own risk Smile

However, the best advice that I can give to you is use an emulator/simulator for windows, android, IOS, whatever, and check your necessities, and choose the best for your needs.

Good luck, and please, share with us your decision.

Cheers,

JL

P.S.: The best, really BEST ADVICE IS: BUY THEM ALL AND BECOME A COLLECTOR!!!! your only problem then will be the decision to make of what calculator to use in every each day!!! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best calculator for the working engineer - Jlouis - 02-24-2016 02:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)