A question about alternative power supply for hp41 series
02-18-2016, 05:23 AM
RE: A question about alternative power supply for hp41 series
Greetings all,

I have a couple of battery cases uploaded to shapeways ( http://www.shapeways.com/search?q=nmartin&type= ), and a couple others have them also. The 41 n-cell and rechargeable housings work OK, and I currently use both. Just need a source for the 'guts' (springs, circuits, and such). The 41 LiPO housing is a work in progress with the prototype sitting on my desk waiting for a rewiring. All the parts fit and are a little tight which resulted in me breaking a wire. But, the LiPO pack dropped in priority as I found NiMH rechargeable N cells and made a charging adapter sleeve to use in a AA cell charger. Also reading the design specs on the 41 made me worry a little that the voltage may be too high with 2 LiPO's in series.

As for a USB connection, I made one from a memory module to plug into the back of the 41 to power it, works well but I did not consider reverse power to batteries and only use it without a battery pack installed. If there is demand, I could model the module housing so we don't have to destroy good modules.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A question about alternative power supply for hp41 series - Nate Martin - 02-18-2016 05:23 AM
HP41c running on single AA accu - wojtek - 02-27-2016, 12:09 AM
HP41c running on single AA accu - wojtek - 02-27-2016, 08:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)