A question about alternative power supply for hp41 series
02-18-2016, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2016 05:34 PM by 4ster.)
RE: A question about alternative power supply for hp41 series
(02-17-2016 11:39 AM)isanchez Wrote:  As you all know it was considered to implement a direct power supply connection to HP41 series by mean of the two small golden balls present in early 41c. This was abandoned and the side conector was used to direct feed the rechargable battery pack. The rechargable battery packs are all dead and are not easy to rebuilt.

It's not what you are asking, but a pack rebuild is really easy. I recently used Helmut Wabnig's instructions for using two Varta Ni-MH 2/V150H in an original rechargeable pack. I free-styled the rebuild a little bit since my soldering skills are atrocious, but the rebuild was easy. Google "HP41 Rechargeable Battery Pack Refurbishment" to locate Helmut's write up in PDF.

My other two 41s have the N cell holder. I recently won the bid on a lot that included another 41 and a printer with the item I was interested in. The seller was quite clear that the extra items were not working. When I got the stuff, I was surprised that the 41 was in great shape, except for a dead rechargeable battery. I considered buying the 3D printed battery holder mentioned on another thread here, but decided to try a pack rebuild instead since this 41 didn't have a charge port cover either. I was really pleased it was so easy to get the "bonus" 41 running so easily. (And the printer was an easy fix as well.)

Steve
In order of appearance: HP 41CV, CMT-MCGPS, HP 41CX, DM 41, DM 42
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A question about alternative power supply for hp41 series - 4ster - 02-18-2016 02:48 AM
HP41c running on single AA accu - wojtek - 02-27-2016, 12:09 AM
HP41c running on single AA accu - wojtek - 02-27-2016, 08:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)