Smartphone killed the calculator star. Some thoughts... and data too
02-10-2016, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2016 07:48 AM by ElectroDuende.)
RE: Smartphone killed the calculator star. Some thoughts... and data too
(02-10-2016 07:10 AM)hth Wrote:  Since then, they produce only a few and less appealing models. What is worse, they cannot be found anywhere. I cannot walk into a store in Sweden and find an HP calculator. 5 years ago I was in the process of getting a netbook in Taiwan, so I visited a lot of tech shops. I always looked for calculators as well. I found zero, zip, none, absolutely no HP calculator anywhere in Taiwan. I could easily get Casio and sometimes TI, but never any HP model. Totally impossible!
Today, I look around a bit in Canada and US and I still cannot find any HP calculator in shops, they are less common than UFOs.

Same here in Spain. I remember when I entered the Engineering School, in mid 90's, that any decent bookstore or "thecnical drawing store" (these have also dissapeared) had HP48's and pioneers on display.

Now, in my city, only 2 stores (a big department store and a big office supply shop) have some of them (50G, 12C and 17Bii, usually).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Smartphone killed the calculator star. Some thoughts... and data too - ElectroDuende - 02-10-2016 07:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)