Help asked: systemRPL ^IFMain question
01-27-2016, 09:51 PM
Help asked: systemRPL ^IFMain question
Hi,

This my first post on this forum, sorry for starting with a rather detailed technical question for help. I hope this is the proper place to ask.

I am working on a simple systemRPL program for the 50g with an InformBox as a UI.

The program works fine but I want to improve usability. What I want to achieve is this:

I have defined a custom menu key to perform a calculation with (the content of) input Fields on the form. How things currently work is that if I enter a value in an input field, I push 'ENTER' to close the edit-line and move the new value to the Field, then I push the custom menu key (F6 in this case) to perform the computation and show the result. This is standard behavior.

What I would like to do is to include the 'ENTER' behavior in the KeyProcNS of my custom menu key. So there would be no separate 'ENTER' required, this would be handled by the custom key implicitly.

The desired result is that after keying a new value of the input field, pushing F6 would do two things: enter the value into the input field and close the command line, then perform the computation, all in one F6 keystroke. I hope this description of what I want to do is clear.

I read the books on systemRPL by Donnelly, by Malinowski and Dominic, and RPLMan. I find the documentation on ^IfMain quite limited in these publications and haven't found a clue on how to achieve what I want. I use Debug4x.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Help asked: systemRPL ^IFMain question - brrm - 01-27-2016 09:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)