Impossible, unusable, invisible
12-20-2015, 09:13 AM
RE: Impossible, unusable, invisible
Nice find for such a low price!
58 years old here. I understand your points and agree with most of them.

RPN is a very direct and efficient entry mode way to work with, as long as one is old enough to have used these HP machines in the 70's and preferred it to the biggest competitor at the time that was in the other camp with algebraic input: Texas.

The Texas TI-89 Titanium keeps going strong and expensive everywhere I look for it.
Despite its so many alleged shortcomings, there is something appealing in it to attract so many young users around the globe.

I spoke so many times with high school students and even younger work colleagues in my company about this HP vs Texas debate, while showing them some of my RPN capable HP machines:
Here are some comments from them:

- RPN what? No way!
- Are you nuts? Do I have to type the variable values from inside out in order to get my equation result?
- Look here my 89 Titanium: I just punch in the equation as it is on the paper and press Enter. See?
- You think the Titanium display is muddy? We find it very readable. That's a feature we love, as in this way nobody around, specially the teacher, will see what we are looking at!
- Can you safely store and hide our cheat papers in your calculator and get away with it in the school exams? Well, with the Titanium it is a piece of cake...

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Impossible, unusable, invisible - JimP - 12-19-2015, 11:24 PM
RE: Impossible, unusable, invisible - jebem - 12-20-2015 09:13 AM
RE: Impossible, unusable, invisible - JimP - 12-22-2015, 10:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)