[UPDATE] NOTEPAD++ - now with autocomplete
05-21-2016, 05:39 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2016 06:04 AM by Brad Barton.)
RE: NOTEPAD++ - now with autocomplete
I'm having trouble getting this working. I've copied the files to the C:\Program Files(x86)\Notepad++\plugins\APIs directory, but the "HP Prime" option doesn't appear in the Language menu, nor do I get autocomplete hints. Am I missing something obvious?

SOLVED: For those having the same problem, here's what worked for me.

1. Copy both of the original files (HP Prime.xml and userDefineLang.xml) downloaded from http://www.hpcalc.org to the C:\Program Files(x86)\Notepad++\plugins\APIs directory.

2. Open Notepad++ and pull down the Language menu, and select "Define your Language"

3. Click the "Import" button, and select the HP Prime.xml file from the dialog box that appears. Click OK, and you should see a message telling you that it was imported successfully. Close the User Defined Language dialog box.

4. Next pull down the Language menu. You should now see the HP Prime language option near the bottom of the menu. Select that option.

5. Close Notepad++ and then copy the newer version of HP Prime.xml (link shown in earlier post) to the C:\Program Files(x86)\Notepad++\plugins\APIs directory, over-writing the older version.

6. Restart Notepad++ and it should work as it's supposed to.

It looks like the newer version of the HP Prime.xml file doesn't want to import. I couldn't get the newer version to import successfully. I had to import the older version first, then over write the old one with the new file.

Maybe some of these steps were unnecessary, but it worked for me.

Brad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NOTEPAD++ - now with autocomplete - Brad Barton - 05-21-2016 05:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)