libhpcalcs: portable (Windows / MacOS X / Linux) connectivity kit library
12-23-2013, 05:35 PM
RE: libhpcalcs: portable (Windows / MacOS X / Linux) connectivity kit library
Quote:I have manage to compile the package on my mac after some problems with libpng12.
Good.

Quote:Receive files seems to work, send a file crash test_hpcalcs, but after reading the previous messages, that seems to be a bug.
Nope, the leading metadata is another issue, which does not (AFAICT) trigger crashes. It's not the first time a crash is reported on MacOS X, but that was another issue, AFAIK...
Could you launch test_hpcalcs through GDB and post a backtrace of the crash, i.e. `gdb test_hpcalcs`, then "run" when the prompt appears, then "bt" when the debugger receives control again after the program crashed ?

Quote:But i wonder, is it possible to list the content on the calculator, so get a list of programs/apps and so on?
Only indirectly, through receiving a full backup of the calculator, which was one of the first operations implemented by libhpcalcs. I don't know of any quick way to obtain the list of files, types and sizes (an operation known as "dirlist" on TI-Z80, TI-68k and TI-Nspire calculators). I assume that if such an operation existed, the HP CK would use it... and I really think that HP would do a service to its users by implementing such an operation (at least, for non-real/complex variables, those are very small anyway) Smile
The full backup operation is slow, due to the transfer being rate-limited (~3-12 KB/s, as shown by the USB dumps: ~5 to ~20 ms between each 64-byte packet) on the calculator side, in order not to overwhelm Windows' poor little USB HID stack...

Quote:btw, nice initiative to make something like this for us that don't run windows.
Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: libhpcalcs: portable (Windows / MacOS X / Linux) connectivity kit library - debrouxl - 12-23-2013 05:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)