Possible error in on-calculator help.
11-19-2015, 08:11 AM
RE: Possible error in on-calculator help.
(11-18-2015 03:29 PM)pwarmuth Wrote:  I feel rather dense for asking this, but how is the result of that indefinite integration not a solution, but rather a calculation? What's the difference, I'm not understanding the terminology it seems.

Thanks for pointing that out, parisse. That makes sense. I also do agree that it is not a complete explanation, and leaves room for misinterpretation.

An equation has a solution, you have a variable for which you don't know the value and you have to find this value.

In a calculation you know all the values of the variables, you substitute these variables with their values and calculate the result. An integral like the one you proposed is only a calculation, you integrate the function and then substitute the x once with 0 and once with -1 and calculate the result. There is no equation to solve.

Concerning the "Use i" feature I really don't see why you should take it away, if you don't need it you simply uncheck it, that's all. But if you need complex solutions you can simply check it so you don't need to use cFunctions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible error in on-calculator help. - retoa - 11-19-2015 08:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)