Casio FP-602 and the FP-10 printer
04-23-2023, 06:09 PM
RE: Casio FP-602 and the FP-10 printer
As usual. My brain doesn't work. If they don't list international shipping selecting worldwide probably won't solve the problem.

By hook or by crook there were occasions where I knew there was an eBay sale outside the USA. Probably from a Google search. I would figure out the weblink for the country (usually in the same Google search result). Then deal with "I can't read it", but page arrangements are almost identical to the USA pages.

Once on the non-USA eBay I search for the item and get the sellers name. Surprisingly, if you go back to the USA (or your native) site and do an advanced search for "by seller", you often get a bunch of stuff, because international shipping is listed.

Now that I think about it, sellers often don't (forget?) to list international on all their items. For review, just tried this. Went to ebay.co.uk and searched for cmp-36x5, received nothing. Selected worldwide, still nothing. Went to advanced search, cleared cmp-36x5 from the top box, clicked by seller. Filled in the seller name and received 604 items where that seller listed international shipping. Went back to advanced search added the word paper to the top box, received a number of items, but not the Casio paper hoped for.

The other seller has one international result. And only 3 USA results.

So I assume the 604 items seller simply forgot/didn't bother to indicate international(?). And guess on the other seller.

----------------------------------------

Sometimes, out of being too stubborn to accept failure, go to the eBay foreign site, which I can't read. But for many items the brand name and part number are in English (at least to me). Do a search, which I can't read, but get a item number and the seller name. Then send the seller a message about the item number from the USA page. This works when I get results from the scenario immediately above and have a "contact seller" to click on.

When the "604 items" scenario doesn't work, hence no contact seller to click I try the following. Open up the USA page because I can read it and know where to click. Open the foreign page and log in--which always surprised me my USA account/password works. Search, send a message from the foreign site (in English) and get a response in my USA messages. Always wondered who does the translation because I always get responses in English.

..... this is turning out to be more of a "gee-this-is-difficult.Bay" lesson. Don't want to infringe on any external site policies promoting sales elsewhere. I'm certainly not involved in them.
However, maybe the above will be useful to someone in locating that elusive HP-9120A paper!

Maybe this should be in a private messages. But will provide the item numbers and seller names as number of people have posted in this thread. If I get beat up by a moderator..... well I've heard they don't draw blood here.

salvage_acquisitions 144930882742
pfiscla 354602101166
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Casio FP-602 and the FP-10 printer - Duane Hess - 04-23-2023 06:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)