External I/O (Smartstream, etc.).
09-15-2015, 11:52 AM
RE: External I/O (Smartstream, etc.).
(09-15-2015 05:33 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Hello,

> Fast algorithm calculations, maybe could be done by sending data to an external board where the calculations could be done instead....

At the moment, there is no ways to control USB from the calculator code, so it would make it hard.
Well the smartstream has to get it's data somehow....I'm thinking of using whatever is there. I haven't looked at that much yet at all. There is a message passing project out there already...as in this link....how is it doing it?

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-654.html

Quote:> Can someone supply me with links to SmartStream specs for someone wanting to develop their own smartstream hardware?

This is no easy task to do. The communication protocol is the easy thing there, Creating an accurate measuring device is the hard part (actually, the hardest is the probe recognition). Contact us if you have a good prototype working.
That's what I do for a living....so it's not so tough.

Quote:> Can smartstream work over the wifi dongle or is it USB only?

USB only

> Is smartstream read data only? i.e. probe sends data to the prime, but prime cannot send data to probe....or is it bidirectional?

Well, it is bi-directional as the calculator does have to send configuration data to the streamer, however, once this is done, it is pretty much one directional. Kind of like a keyboad. The OS CAN send some data to the keyboard (for example to setup the LEDs such as ver-num), but 99% of the communication is keyboard to PC.

Cyrille
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: External I/O (Smartstream, etc.). - webmasterpdx - 09-15-2015 11:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)