[BUG] Integer manipulation tool broken in newer (v5447) Firmware?
01-19-2014, 04:23 PM
RE: [BUG] Integer manipulation tool broken in newer (v5447) Firmware?
(01-19-2014 02:07 PM)Stefan Wrote:  I just noticed that the "Integer manipulation", as it is described under "help->Integer Arithmetic -> Manipulate Integers" does not work. ... Yesterday I wanted to convert a number to a different base and I could not figure out how. ... Is there any other possibility to convert bases for numbers? This calc is really annoying! :-(

Please note that Shift Minus only launches "Edit Integer" if there is an integer already on the stack (on the bottom level or on the selected level). Just being a whole number is not sufficient; it must have a "#" in front of it. Otherwise, as you noticed, pressing Shift Minus only types a "#".

Once the integer editor is running, you have many options for changing the base. It only takes a few keystrokes from start to finish.

Suggestion: create key assignments which instantly perform your favorite base conversions, using the programmable system variables Base, Bits, and Signed. That way, rather than being annoyed, you can make your Prime act exactly the way you want it to act.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [BUG] Integer manipulation tool broken in newer (v5447) Firmware? - Joe Horn - 01-19-2014 04:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)