newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
05-07-2017, 03:24 AM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
(05-06-2017 08:44 PM)The Shadow Wrote:  Hey guys, I'm back - more or less.

I've just noticed that HIDEVAR, UNHIDEVAR, LOCKVAR, and UNLOCKVAR don't accept lists as input, which would be quite useful.

You're right, it is useful so I just added it. Thanks.

(05-06-2017 08:44 PM)The Shadow Wrote:  Also, while trying to work around the above, I discovered that MAPLIST-> isn't working right - it returns results identical to MAP. My understanding from the help was that MAP is supposed to pack results into a list, while MAPLIST-> is not?

You are correct again, this command was reusing parts of the EVAL command for lists. I broke it when I changed the behavior of EVAL on lists to not explode the list. I have to fix this one. Thanks for the report.

(05-06-2017 08:44 PM)The Shadow Wrote:  You can't get the name of a directory by pressing it, even with quotes active, it will just open. (This may be working as intended, though it's different from oldRPL.)

Indeed, works as intended: in newRPL you can traverse subdirectories while in the editor, so it's easy to find variables. You can get the name simply trying to RCL the variable (Right-shift and then the menu key, or right-shift-hold and the menu key).
Now while testing it you made me find a bug: In 'A' mode, using right-shift+key was inserting 'NAME' RCL instead of just the directory name. I fixed that.

(05-06-2017 08:44 PM)The Shadow Wrote:  Finally, a real oddity that I discovered by accident: If you do ALLVARS in the HOME directory, you find that in addition to the variables you know about, and .Settings, there's an immediate program of: :: NUM-> ; in the list!

I could not reproduce this at all. It seems somehow you have a variable in HOME whose name is a program... never seen anything like that.

(05-06-2017 08:44 PM)The Shadow Wrote:  EDIT: Oh, and UBASE has some strange behavior, too. For example, 1_Pa gives <bar>_kg/m/s^2, but 1_psi gives <foo>_1/m/s^2*kg. Whereas oldRPL gives <blah>_kg/(m*s^2) for both.

Units are not sorted for display at all. I guess the definition of psi, is lbs/in^2, then the definitions of lbs and in are replaced and the units end up in a non-natural order.
Perhaps they should be sorted, units with positive exponents first.

(05-06-2017 08:44 PM)The Shadow Wrote:  EDIT: TRIM doesn't seem to be working for strings above a certain (smallish) size. RTRIM seems fine.

Can you provide an example that fails? my tests here worked OK. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 05-07-2017 03:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)