newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
04-20-2017, 07:49 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
(04-20-2017 12:29 AM)smartin Wrote:  Hello,

Several months ago I discovered the newRPL project, which I’ve been playing with over the past few months. First I’d like to say how impressive a feat newRPL is turning out to be, especially given that it is still “alpha” software and yet it has much more of a late “beta” or production feel (even though there are many commands yet to be implemented).

Initially the main challenge that I faced was that lack of systematic documentation, so I started working through the hundreds of threads (and Claudio’s website) to learn about using newRPL. At that time I started writing a user’s guide to collect all the scattered information together. I have spent some time thinking about a good way to host documentation that anyone in the community could contribute to, and decided on using GitHub along with the lightweight Markdown language. Up until now I didn’t see much in the forum about documentation so these recent posts were quite encouraging. From these recent posts it seems that Claudio would like to keep documentation on his site, using a wiki. But, since I’ve already written up some docs I’d like to point to it here if anyone is interested. It is far from complete, and certainly I'd appreciate any comments/feedback/error corrections:

https://github.com/smartin-calc/newRPL-hp50g-usersguide

I’d like to contribute to the project, so if Claudio sets up a wiki I’d work with that.

Cheers,
Steve

Kudos for the effort! Yes, we have come to a point on the project where we need docs for people to start using it. I like your picture of the calc with the red diagrams over showing how the menus work (would like to see more of that). I still haven't been able to work on the wiki setup, but when it's ready I invite you to participate (and everyone else willing) in creating a unified manual in a collaborative way.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 04-20-2017 07:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)