newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
04-14-2017, 02:56 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
@claudio: thanks for the clarifications.

Then I would say making a wiki on your site would help everyone that is willing to contribute.

Nice that the newRPL can be ported, I always though it was not so easy to port C code for a certain ISA, at least to other embedded devices from completely different manufacturers, like TI. For android/windows/linux I do believe there are not much problems, since those platforms offers a lot of resources (ram and libraries) normally.

To produce a book from a wiki, I know this feature mostly from mediawiki (you can see it on wikipedia). For dokuwiki I am not sure, there are plugins but I did not test them. The book produced on mediawiki is not bad but it is neither something with ultra great typographic quality. It is always a trade off . I repeat myself saying that better to have content than to have pretty empty or barely useful pages.

Moreover I also think that a wiki with proper taxonomy would be more useful than a book, but it depends on the objectives.

About the pretty latex format, Mathjax is easy to include, and dokuwiki supports it (as well as mediawiki).

About SVGs, I am again not so sure because they can be exploited as code client side (they can be executed) so maybe they are blocked. I wouldn't mind simple images for starting and then maybe an additional upload place (if you can install stuff as you wish, there are forms) to upload svgs and then link them.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download - pier4r - 04-14-2017 02:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)