newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
04-14-2017, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2017 01:01 PM by pier4r.)
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
For the wiki I could start (slowly but steady) on wiki4hp. Finally we can use that site, that I already heavily used in 2013. Bruce made me admin too but I don't know if Claudio is OK with it (I mean having the content decoupled from his site) . Otherwise just integrate a dokuwiki and I think we are good (the most portable and full of features that I know. It is used at least by wiki4hp and openwrt).

Then, as MediaWiki and dokuwiki user I have to say that both are not so trivial at the end. Even markdown (another concept whatsoever) needs a bit of time to be mastered. Nevertheless I do assume that if someone is willing to go with through new rpl, then he is also willing to learn a couple of markup commands (and when not, does not matter, one writes another one makes the layout. That's the wiki power).

For the spam. Wiki spam happens only because the wiki is well known (and even wiki4hp struggles with that) or because the editing is open to not registered users. To avoid spam one can allow edits only from registered users and that's it. The community is not so large so it is manageable.

I would really like to have efforts going on one site for the entire community, but when that is not possible I adapt myself. In any case, I do believe that collaborative efforts wins when it is about non commercial endeavors.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download - pier4r - 04-14-2017 12:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)