newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
04-13-2017, 11:22 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
My 2 cents about documentation:
I'm not inclined to read an 800 page manual in which 80% of the content would repeat the HP 50g behavior.
I think that in a first phase, a synthetic document, listing only the differences between the 50g and newRPL, would be extremely useful. This would be a sort of quick reference guide for HP 50g users. Most of this information is already in this thread. One has to read it from the beginning, collect the concise and clear descriptions written by Claudio in the update posts, and arrange them in a structured form. I can already think about different paragraphs:
- dual menu interface
- interactive stack
- alpha mode
- keyboard shortcuts (would repeat information present in other paragraphs)
- custom keyboard
- units
- SD card commands

I don't think that several months are required to produce such a document. I planned to make something like that just for me, but for publishing it I'd have several problems:
- I don't write easily in English, so it would take some time to me, and my writings should be read and corrected by someone else
- I don't know how I would share such a document, as I even don't know HTML
- currently I'm not ready to do that. This is more a winter activity for me.

Jean-Charles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download - Helix - 04-13-2017 11:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)