newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
04-13-2017, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2017 09:10 AM by Vtile.)
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
(04-13-2017 08:17 PM)pier4r Wrote:  editing a wiki is way faster than a collaborative rich text document because there are a lot of controls already built in.

Sure you can start to have templates, and you need a minimum organization, but if the process proceeds slowly, you can do it. If the starting barrier is too high, it never starts.

Anyway this is a matter of approach. I saw too many collaborative projects "let's start good, let's define a foolproof standard!" not even finishing page 3.

Instead then you have random contributions, refactored from time to time, that creates stuff like the Mass effect wiki (I never played the game, but the community wiki is very well done. Just read the story line how long is and how well connected is).

You could be amazed what you can achieve with little moderation but otherwise free contributions where the interest is high.

edit: github is even more complicated than a wiki. If the wiki markup is a problem, I imagine a "git pull origin master" /check changes " git add -A , git commit -m 'changed this and that' , git push origin master . Then someone pushes without a pull, and, well, have fun.
Like I said I have no first hand experience, so I do not see the pitfals. Sad

Wiki is great, but I personally afraid that it turns to "spider webbing" of sort, clusters of information behind links and nothing that can be time to time composed to standalone manual.

TXT-file atleast have low requirements. Big Grin

[attachment=4668]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download - Vtile - 04-13-2017 08:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)