newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
03-04-2017, 01:43 AM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
(03-04-2017 12:44 AM)Han Wrote:  Documentation is actually pretty easy with \( \LaTeX \) since you can programmatically design the structure of the manual. So long as the commands are well commented, it would not be too difficult to put together good documentation. The newrpl-ui program provides screenshots; and I have a few templates I have created that might be useful for manuals.

Hehe... I have templates too... EMPTY ONES! :-)
I don't think formatting is difficult, creating the content is. Thinking of good examples, making sure they are correct, etc. I'm not a good writer, look at the couple of docs I created: boring and plain from start to end.
You are right that LATEX would allow accurate formatting to print hard copies, and once the templates are good, it's relatively painless to add content (if you know LATEX, I'm a little rusty but I've used it quite a bit a few years back).
On the other hand, HTML allows templating too, and would allow us to put the content online (for better searches!). I don't know, I'm outside my area of expertise.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 03-04-2017 01:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)