newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
03-03-2017, 11:55 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
(03-03-2017 03:33 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  Yes, there's some basic docs on the website, but my time is so limited that either I code or I document what I code. Luckily the team is expanding and I have some help coding, but we don't have a doc writer on board, they are really hard to come by.
The WP34 project was lucky they got one on the team, permanent vacations or not he did a great job with those manuals.
I guess once newRPL reaches the 48 level (meaning complete but no CAS) I'll have to go into bugfixes-only mode for let's say one full year, so the team can focus on writing docs and nothing but docs.

I agree, it would be tremendously helpful to have Walter create documentation for newRPL, but alas, he does not dabble with battleships; too bad too, as I would enjoy one of his manuals on newRPL, with the humor, insights and well-chosen examples we've become familiar with.

I like your plan to release the core numeric system for users to test, explore, report bugs, document, etc. while planning/working on CAS components in parallel. Though not the core reason to do so, the real-world effect is newRPL 1.0 will be available sooner.

(03-03-2017 03:33 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  Can't blame you, I configured my 50g to work more like a 48, and newRPL is more 48ish than 50ish if you think about it.

I agree it is, and I agree it's a good thing! Thanks.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download - rprosperi - 03-03-2017 11:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)