newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
03-03-2017, 03:33 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
(03-03-2017 02:32 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  Some of these (impressive) extensions will be very interesting to check-out, but this raises an interesting question about newRPL (which may have been answered long ago and I missed it) and that is: what is the plan for documenting the changes in newRPL from vanilla 50g RPL? Various changes include different syntax, arguments, etc. which is straightforward to document (though not necessarily easy) but some, like this one, introduce totally new concepts, which are harder to document and typically need well thought-out examples to explain.

Yes, there's some basic docs on the website, but my time is so limited that either I code or I document what I code. Luckily the team is expanding and I have some help coding, but we don't have a doc writer on board, they are really hard to come by.
The WP34 project was lucky they got one on the team, permanent vacations or not he did a great job with those manuals.
I guess once newRPL reaches the 48 level (meaning complete but no CAS) I'll have to go into bugfixes-only mode for let's say one full year, so the team can focus on writing docs and nothing but docs.

(03-03-2017 02:32 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  ... and my 48-ness is showing...

Can't blame you, I configured my 50g to work more like a 48, and newRPL is more 48ish than 50ish if you think about it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 03-03-2017 03:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)