newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
03-02-2017, 05:27 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
(03-02-2017 04:50 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  RCLKEYS and STOKEYS are means to backup/restore only, not for bulk editing of keys. The list format is internal and not meant to be edited by the user. No conversion or checks are happening during RCLKEYS/STOKEYS. Perhaps there should be a conversion to human readable string on RCLKEYS and reverse conversion on STOKEYS, but is not currently implemented.

I disagree, STOKEYS is much more flexible (and easier to use in many cases) than ASN, particularly when setting more than 1 assignment. Also, when changing some assignments, it's easiest to RCLKEYS, edit the list and then STOKEYS to save changes. In fact, the manual specifically recommends STOKEYS when making multiple assignments. Finally, STOKEYS also is the way one restores the default assignments via the initial "S" in the list.

I like the extra context modes, it will allow a bewildering set of assignments (a good thing, I think). So this is a benefit too.

Will CST be affected? I.e. can CST menu assignments be extended with the additional planes and contexts?

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download - rprosperi - 03-02-2017 05:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)