newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
03-01-2017, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2017 08:53 PM by Claudio L..)
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
(03-01-2017 05:05 AM)Han Wrote:  I am a bit late for this, but on the SD<blah> commands, I think they don't show up well on the menus.

I know, I don't like the way everything looks the same on the menu. The long press showing the full name of the commands helps a bit but is not enough.
Putting SD at the end hurts the autocomplete, the idea is you type SD and now all SD commands are available with Alpha-hold + cursors up/down, making it easier to find the one without using the menu.

(03-01-2017 06:24 PM)Han Wrote:  Question regarding the newRPL matrix object: the Saturn matrices had 5 nibbles that provided data type information (e.g. matrix of complex numbers) but there does not seem to be any such information for newRPL matrices. Any object is acceptable (which is fine -- great, in fact) but it seems based on what I have distilled from the sources that the only way to check if a matrix is completely real/complex is to scan each element. Hopefully I am wrong. Is there a document that provides the internal data structure of each object (short of reading through all the .c files from each library)?

The matrix API is quite incomplete yet, but as of now there's no way other than checking each element's type. This might change if I find it too slow, but usually you would only do that once when you check arguments, then you decide if a numerical or symbolic method is applicable.
If we implement some bits telling you if a matrix is numeric, complex, symbolic, etc. then the scan would have to be done after each and every matrix operation in order to leave the resulting matrix with proper flags. Might be faster if the scan is done only when a command needs to know this.

Regarding docs: the developer's docs should do that, but it's quite old and incomplete right now, there's basically no objects there at all. I should write something with all object types low-level access, I just never had the time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 03-01-2017 08:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)