newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
03-01-2017, 08:22 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
(03-01-2017 04:29 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  Ah, as I feared, I wasn't following the proper context for the discussion. If this proposal only pertains to WAIT and related keyboard input commands, then this may have merit, and I also agree that for these cases, all machines differ.

I thought the proposal was to replace use of the rc.p parameters in all use cases, such as key assignments, etc. where I think the existing system should be retained.

Sorry for being only partially in-touch, thanks for clarifying.

First of all, *NEVER* apologize for expressing a valid opinion. I value everybody's input, whether they like or dislike what I did, and I acknowledge that this forum will always be very averse to change, understandably being a "museum".
As a matter of fact, I'm thinking now that the correct approach would be:
* Keep the string because it will make *new* programs more portable across devices, and code in general much easier to understand.
* Add 2 commands to convert rc.p format to string and vice versa, so if you are porting userRPL code to newRPL, all you have to do is add RCP->KEYCODE right after every WAIT. (the command name might vary, suggestions welcome). These 2 commands will have a conversion table rc <-> key_name that will have to change from device to device.

BTW, I am effectively using the string for all cases, including key assignments, wouldn't be consistent if I don't.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 03-01-2017 08:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)