newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
02-27-2017, 07:45 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
(02-27-2017 04:17 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  I'm still working out the details of how a newRPL program will interface with humans. You won't be able to draw to screen just like that. You'll draw to a PLOT object, which then you can render to various targets: PICT, a GROB, SVG file on SD card, etc.

I'm still putting together the concepts, as soon as it's implemented you'll see. I'm not planning to create anything complex, the idea is that it should be very simple for an application to to get input from the user, do calculations and issue a report containing text mixed with graphics.
The report will ideally be able to be exported in HTML format with all the graphics, so you can put it on an SD card and open it in a browser, or copy/paste into your favorite rich document editor.
And if you still decide to go the traditional way of just drawing, you'll draw to a PLOT file, and call a PLOT viewer at the end of your program.

Sound interesting. I will wait for the first iteration before commenting further.

(02-27-2017 04:17 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  It used to return a key code, very hard to remember. Now the key code is a string, which is much easier to visualize.
The string is identical in format as the ASNKEY command (discussed not long ago in this thread):
Format:
"KEY.SHIFT.MODIFIER"
KEY = "A thru Z, 0 thru 9, * - + . or UP/DN/LF/RT, BK for backspace, EN for enter
SHIFT = L, LH,R, RH,A, AH,OH,ALH,ARH (L=left shift, LH=left shift hold, A=Alpha, OH=On-hold). Notice that On can only be defined with a hold plane.
MODIFIER = D,U,P,R,L,T (D=key down, U=key released, P=pressed, R=repeat, L=long press, T=long repeat, no modifier means the standard P (pressed) event)

Examples:
"7.L" = Left-shift 7
"7.LH" = Left-shift-hold 7
"7..D" = Action executed on key-down event for unshifted key number 7
"7..U" = Action executed on key-up event

Ok now it's a string instead of a keycode. I'm fine with that. However, I think now WAIT returns the string even if the argument was not 0 (like old RPL). I don't have my HP-50 with me so I can't verify. If it does always return a string, then it means the programmer has to discard the result when WAIT was used just to induce a delay in the program as before. Please confirm.

François
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download - Francois Lanciault - 02-27-2017 07:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)