newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
02-24-2017, 03:21 AM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2017 03:22 AM by Claudio L..)
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
(02-23-2017 09:07 PM)Eric Rechlin Wrote:  I'm trying to build the simulator, and I'm getting a bunch of errors about constants being undefined, such as CMD_ENDOFCODE and CMD_QSEMI and a number of others. Is it possible a header file is missing from the source on SourceForge?

Also, right now I'm trying to build using Qt Creator running on Windows. I see you have instructions for building under Linux/BSD with the use of Qt Creator; is there a way to build it on a command line only Linux/BSD system, without a GUI?

It's very strange, it should build without any problems. Perhaps something is wrong with your setup.
The build system uses some headers that are quite complex to perform 2 passes:
* First pass: All libraries are compiled with a constant called COMMANDS_ONLY_PASS defined. When this happens, libraries don't generate any code, simply extract and define those constants CMD_XXX from the command lists that are defined in the library.
* Second pass: When that constant COMMANDS_ONLY_PASS is not defined, the library actually compiles its code, includes RPL object references, etc.

This 2-pass system is automatically happening in the background when you include cmd-codes.h, which is included from newrpl.h, I don't know why it's not being included, or the macros are not working in your build setup. I tested with Mingw32 in Windows that comes bundled with Qt Creator and works flawlessly. Also with gcc in Ubuntu and tested with clang on FreeBSD.
If you can capture the entire build output to a file and email me perhaps I can identify the problem by comparing with mine (especially compiler flags).

Regarding building with command line only: Yes, it should be possible (I haven't really tried). All you have to do is run qmake (bundled with Qt) to generate the makefiles, then run make (in theory that should be all). For the tools you need to run 'make install' as well. After all, Qt Creator is just a front-end.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 02-24-2017 03:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)