newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
02-10-2017, 05:36 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2017 05:52 AM by The Shadow.)
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED January 31-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
(02-09-2017 10:43 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  Bear in mind there's no user flags (not sure they are useful or not, I never used them myself), only system so flag numbers are always negative.

What, really? I use them quite a bit, especially for recursive programs. (You set a flag to tell whether you're on the first pass or not.) They're also handy when jiggering something to let a later IF know you jiggered it.

Granted, you could treat a local variable like a flag, but user flags have the handy benefit of having a default value (of 0). Though unlike local variables you do have to remember to clear them before the program ends - using FC?C or FS?C suffices.

I'm still wrapping my mind around newRPL's vastly increased use of local variables, so ultimately I may come around to using them as flags. But I can't imagine that user flags would be difficult to implement, and if done right, they might be faster than looking up a name.

(Just spitballing here, but what if "flag" were an object type, taking on values of 0 or 1 only? Would there be any benefit to such a thing?)

EDIT: I keep forgetting to ask: How does one access the 8 levels of undo/redo?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED January 31-2017] Firmware for testing available for download - The Shadow - 02-10-2017 05:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)