newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
02-09-2017, 05:42 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED January 31-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
Hi Claudio,

On the latest firmware the following command do not work:

FC?
FS?

But all other flag commands works ok like FC?C and FS?C

Another bug I saw (without consequences) is while typing in the program editor, when the screen is full and you are at the end of the line, sometime the screen goes blank (except for the menu). However typing an additional character always bring back the display and everything is fine.

Also, the problem I had a couple of week ago is back i.e. the calculator does not remember if the second menu should be displayed or not after a power cycle, an error display or a help message... Right now my HP-50 always revert to full stack display (no 2nd menu) after power up.

Finally, this is just a request, when you are in the program editor the cursor is either P,C or L and everything is fine until you need a double single quote (to identify a variable before STO let’s say). Then the cursor changes from P to A inside the quotes as it should but will remain an A even when exiting the quotes. Pressing Alpha will cycle between C, L and A even if not inside quotes. Is there a way to have the P back? It is not the end of the world as everything can be typed anyway but it is a bit annoying as the automatic spaces are not inserted anymore for the basic operation and the function like SIN, MOD etc are inserted with parentheses.

Otherwise, I found the HP-50 more and more useful with NewRPL installed. Keep on the good work (that applies also to all other newRPL contributors)

François
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED January 31-2017] Firmware for testing available for download - Francois Lanciault - 02-09-2017 05:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)