newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
01-22-2017, 04:01 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2017 04:08 AM by The Shadow.)
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED December-29-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(01-22-2017 01:38 AM)Claudio L. Wrote:  Updates will no longer require to recompile anything. Starting with the first official release of 0.8Alpha a month ago, things will stay where they are.

Ah, good to know.

Quote:The demo is identical to the calculator, any bugs will happen on the 50g too, so please describe what you call oddities. Bear in mind many of the commands will show up in autocomplete but will issue an "Invalid opcode" error because they are not implemented. Anything else might be a bug, either in symbolics or in the matrix lib.

Okay. (I've got my calculator now, btw, and newRPL installed without incident.) I started with the vector [1 2 3], and then divided by '3'. I expected to get:

[ '1/3' '2/3' '3/3' ]

What I got instead was:

'[ 1 2 3 ]/3'

So then I tried [ '1' '2' '3' ] and divided by '3'. This time I got an error, "/ Error: Not allowed in symbolics".

Finally I tried [ '1' '2' '3' ] and divided by 3. (Well, "3" not "3.") This time I got the decimal versions of the three fractions in the vector. ie, [0.333... 0.666... 0.999...] That last one in particular seems odd - why not just 1?

I would expect the symbolics inside the vector to work just like symbolics on the stack or in a list, but they don't.

(Incidentally, is there a command to change an integer into the symbolic version of that integer? ->Q changes 2 to '2/1' rather than '2'. Not sure if that's intended behavior - RPL changes real "2." to integer "2".)

A somewhat larger issue: Currently, if you do EVAL or EVAL1 on '2/1' or '2', you get 2. I wonder if that's a good idea? ->NUM should do that, certainly, but I don't see why EVAL should. I'd expect it to be '2' in both cases.

(By the way, let me thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting EVAL and EVAL1 evaluate the elements of matrices and lists, respectively. The number of times I have typed AXL <<EVAL>> MAP AXL on the regular 50g is ridiculous.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED December-29-16] Firmware for testing available for download - The Shadow - 01-22-2017 04:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)