newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
01-21-2017, 05:02 AM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED December-29-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(01-20-2017 07:43 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  
(01-20-2017 04:36 AM)The Shadow Wrote:  Ah good. And here's a thought - is there any way for a program to detect if a variable is locked? (Other than trying to STO into it!)

Not at the moment. It's not as common use case as you might think. Normally, if you need to know that is because you have something to store there, therefore you can trap the STO errors inside an IFERR, and perhaps rename the variable if it fails (no different from the case when you want to know if a variable of that name already exists, you do RCL and trap the error).

I get that, but I was thinking along the lines of, "Did I lock the files in this directory yet or not?" I suppose I could just RCL one and try to STO it back in. Or just lock them all again, won't hurt anything.

On another topic, it's trivially easy to write programs to decompile everything in a directory to strings and to recompile them for updates. But not so easy in RPL to do it for all directories at once. Would you consider commands to do this? I have to imagine it would be easier in C.

And on yet another, I make heavy use of symbolic vectors and matrices, and I've noticed some oddities. Only on the Windows version thus far, though, as my new 50g hasn't arrived yet. Is it up to date with the calculator version?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED December-29-16] Firmware for testing available for download - The Shadow - 01-21-2017 05:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)