newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
11-12-2016, 05:13 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED November-08-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(11-12-2016 07:07 AM)Han Wrote:  I will probably try some mock-ups to see for myself.

Yes, please! It would be quite easy for anyone to open the project newrpl-ui and start playing with halRedrawMenu1() and halRedrawMenu2() to see what other possible looks we can get. I'm not 100% convinced about the current look, but then there's only a few pixels we can use, and I'm not exactly good at UI design, so instead of posting, you should try a few looks in the simulator and capture the screens, then have a poll here in the forum.
Same thing with the choice of fonts, they can be changed from halInitScreen(). As Helix pointed out, he created a narrow font 6m specially for menus. The regular font, however, has most characters narrow, except a few ones that need to be wider for readability. In the first 4 characters in the menu, you normally only save 1 to 3 pixels, which is not even enough to fit one extra letter. For that reason I left the normal font, which reads a little better, in most cases wasting only 1 pixel.
The 5-pixel font is also a good choice, but readability might suffer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED November-08-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 11-12-2016 05:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)