newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
11-12-2016, 07:07 AM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED November-08-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(11-12-2016 02:19 AM)Helix Wrote:  The main menu's top row of pixels improves readability. In the first versions of newRPL this line was blank, and I remember that the look of the names was rather unpleasant for me. I think that someone else also complained about this fact. At least in my opinion, this first line is useful.

Hmm... what about using the left-most column of pixels per menu item, then? Have the tab be half the height. Maybe this would cost too much real estate for labels. Speaking of which, I really think the menu fonts should be a 3-pixel width (max) so we can fit more letters into the labels. Some letters are just too wide. I did not mind the mini-font from Jazz. It was quite usable.

(11-12-2016 02:19 AM)Helix Wrote:  I think we could go even further, and remove entirely the grey borders!
Also, even the main menu could be blank, like the secondary menu. For some reason, I find that black letters just below a black line are still easily readable, but white letters below a white line are more difficult to read.

What happens when two menu items have labels that are too long to display? I suppose it wouldn't be too bad, but I was thinking that labels might run into each other. I will probably try some mock-ups to see for myself.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED November-08-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Han - 11-12-2016 07:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)