newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
11-12-2016, 02:19 AM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED November-08-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(11-12-2016 01:31 AM)Han Wrote:  Why not keep the menu item height as is, but just use the top row for a "directory tab" (rather than adding an extra line of pixels per menu row). The main menu's top row of pixels doesn't actually serve any purpose, and every letter only goes as high as the 2nd line of pixels. So I propose that we make the first line of pixels for tabs (e.g only 3rd through say 7th pixels from the left border of a menu item).

The main menu's top row of pixels improves readability. In the first versions of newRPL this line was blank, and I remember that the look of the names was rather unpleasant for me. I think that someone else also complained about this fact. At least in my opinion, this first line is useful.

(11-12-2016 01:31 AM)Han Wrote:  Since the secondary menu uses light borders already, a directory could simply correspond to dark borders. In fact, I think the light borders could be made as light as the "SD" icon (bottom right) and a directory could be made fully dark (border).

I think we could go even further, and remove entirely the grey borders!
Also, even the main menu could be blank, like the secondary menu. For some reason, I find that black letters just below a black line are still easily readable, but white letters below a white line are more difficult to read.

Jean-Charles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED November-08-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Helix - 11-12-2016 02:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)