newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
11-11-2016, 09:50 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED November-08-16] Firmware for testing available for download
Thank you Bruno and Claudio for your precise answers.
I'm pleased to learn that more than one person is working on newRPL. Smile

(11-10-2016 02:40 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  
(11-10-2016 02:30 AM)Helix Wrote:  - It would be nice if the help text could also display the entire name of the command, especially for long names that are partially masked in the soft menus.
It was like that at the very beginning, but explaining some commands in only 3 lines of text is really hard, so I decided to use the entire space for help. Perhaps I should be thinking of making the help fullscreen.
Yes, there is no reason to display the help text in only three lines. If the entire screen is used, it could be useful also for viewing more content of large objets (lists, programs…)
In the HP50g, Right Shift / Down cursor displays the names of the current menu. A similar solution could be adopted. I think that a fullscreen help would be better though.

(11-10-2016 02:30 AM)Helix Wrote:  - Currently the commands are displayed in the first soft menu (the black one). Is there a flag which would allow the commands to appear directly in the white soft menus?
Yes! Go to: Main menu / System / Settings / Flags
The fourth menu item changes the currently active menu. Change it to 2 and next time you press SYMB it will go into the white menu.
Great !!
Now, I'm requesting another improvement: if the active menu is set to menu 2, then when the second menu is hidden the active menu is no more visible. I think that in this case the active menu should always be visible, regardless of the setting of menu 1 / menu 2.

(11-10-2016 02:30 AM)Helix Wrote:  - for the MENUSWAP shortcut, I don't like having to press too keys at the same time. I would prefer for example Right shift then Right cursor (I don't remember if this sequence is already used somewhere). On the other hand, I suppose I'll be able to make my own shortcuts when key assignments are implemented.
You will be able to reassign everything, of course. However, the On+Key combination is used for other system settings, so it made sense to use it for this case.
Right-Shift+right cursor is not currently assigned, because it's reserved to activate the viewer for large objects in the stack. It will enter into a scrolling mode to properly view objects.
I understand. Furthermore, On+VAR is consistent with ON+VAR long press, so it makes sense.

Jean-Charles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED November-08-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Helix - 11-11-2016 09:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)