newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
11-10-2016, 09:59 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED November-08-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(11-10-2016 09:37 PM)Han Wrote:  I did have an older version, but had since restored to 2.15 for some time. I'll try to re-flash again.

OK, that explains why it detected newRPL was installed, but then RAM was corrupted. I'll have to solve that problem somehow.
Turns out newRPL uses ALL RAM, while the stock ROM leaves pretty much untouched the first 128 kb (uses only the first 32 kbytes in this block).
newRPL basic variables were still present in this untouched area even after you used 2.15 for a while.
newRPL started and detected it as if it was always there, but by installing 2.15 the rest of the memory had been rewritten, so your directories were garbled. Still, I have to fix that bug and offer the user an option to break out of the infinite loop.

I'm sure I wrote somewhere that the 2 MB ROM was needed, but couldn't find it, so I'll make a note to modify the download page in the website with clear instructions on how to go back to stock firmware.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED November-08-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 11-10-2016 09:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)