newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
11-10-2016, 09:37 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED November-08-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(11-10-2016 09:32 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  You did not brick anything.

Thank goodness, too! But yes, I managed to revive it by re-writing the entire ROM region.

Quote:Pull out the batteries, including the backup batteries. Leave it be for a few minutes to make sure RAM was cleared and try flashing again.
The data abort message indicates there was an old newRPL version installed, which was properly detected (did you have newRPL or 2.15 before?), but somehow RAM memory was corrupted and the routine that verifies if your variable directories are consistent is having trouble to interpret the contents of your RAM (shouldn't, that's a bug I intend to correct, it should verify that pointer is valid before attempting to read from it).
The fact you cannot flash back 2.15 indicates the RAM is indeed corrupted, as even the bootloader relies on a few bytes of RAM to tell it what to do on boot. This is used by the calc OS (Hp one) to enter the diagnostic mode, etc.

I did have an older version, but had since restored to 2.15 for some time. I'll try to re-flash again.

Quote:I'll work on a new firmware version that will do a full memory wipe if you hold a certain key combination when you power on, to prevent this endless loop from happening.

Awesome! Many thanks for such an awesome project!

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED November-08-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Han - 11-10-2016 09:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)